XBee 2mW Wire Antenna - Series 2 (ZigBee Mesh)
Do you need an updated firmware of the older Series 2.5 but having the same hardware? These Series are designed this way. However, they can still work with Series 2.5 modules if you choose to update the firmware through X-CTU. Have fun using it.
- Improves power output and data protocol
- Allows creation of comples mesh networks (based on Xbee ZB)
- Very reliable and simple communication capabilities to anything with a serial port
- Supports point-to-point and multi-point networks.
- 3.3V @ 40mA
- 250kbps Max data rate
- 2mW output (+3dBm)
- 400ft (120m) range
- Built-in antenna
- Fully FCC certified
- 6 10-bit ADC input pins
- 8 digital IO pins
- 128-bit encryption
- Local or over-air configuration
- AT or API command set
If you are looking for a simple point-to-point configuration, you might want to try the Series 1 instead. The Series 2 requires considerable setup and configuration. We highly recommend Building Wireless Sensor Networks as a guide for setting up mesh networks.
Series 1 and Series 2 XBee modules have the same pin-out. However, Series 1 modules cannot communicate with Series 2 modules.