USB Weatherproof Connector and Cable
Description: There are times when you need to subject your electronics to some pretty intense environments. The most challenging part of designing for rough conditions is the problem of how to protect your electrical connections to the outside world. A normal panel mount connector will collect dust and leak water, but luckily, we just picked up these IP68 rated weatherproof USB connectors.
The USB-B type connectors are housed in a molded plastic assembly with O-rings and panel gaskets to keep your panel mount USB connection not only dust proof, but waterproof as well.
The 2 meter cable has a normal USB-A plug on one end and the sealed, over moulded USB-B assembly at the other.
The cap maintains the USB connector's IP68 rating even when no weatherproof cable assembly is connected. The retainer keeps the cap connected to your project so you won't lose it (like a sport bottle cap).
- Weatherproof USB Panel Mount Connector
- Weatherproof 2-meter USB cable
- Sealing Cap
- Standard USB-B Type at Front
- PCB Contacts at Rear (0.1" spaced)
- IP68 Rated: Completely Dust-Tight and Water-Tight
- Mates with Sealing Cap (sold separately)
- Panel Mount in 36mm Diameter Hole
- Panel Mount Connector Datasheet (PX0845/B)
- Cable Datasheet (PX0840/B)
- Sealing Cap Datasheet (PX0711)
Product pictures and description are of Sparkfun.com
We Also Recommend
5V 2A Switching Power Supply w/ 20AWG 6' MicroUSB Cable
USB to TTL Serial Cable - Debug / Console Cable for Raspberry Pi