Ultimate GPS HAT for Raspberry Pi A+/B+/Pi 2 - Mini Kit
If you have this GPS HAT, you wouldn’t lose your Raspberry Pi drone again even in the vast Arabian deserts of Dubai, UAE, Oman, and Qatar! This new HAT from Adafruit adds our celebrated Ultimate GPS on it, so you can add precision time and location to your Raspberry Pi Model. Comes as a fully assembled GPS + PCB and an additional 2x20 GPIO header.
- -165 dBm sensitivity, 10 Hz updates, 66 channels
- Only 20mA current draw
- Built in Real Time Clock (RTC) - slot in a CR1220 backup battery for 7-years or more of timekeeping even if the Raspberry Pi is off!
- PPS output on fix, by default connected to pin #4
- Internal patch antenna which works quite well when used outdoors + u.FL connector for external active antenna for when used indoors or in locations without a clear sky view
- Fix status LED blinks to let you know when the GPS has determined the current coordinates
- A coin-cell holder for RTC usage,
- Break-outs for all the Raspberry Pi's extra pins, and
- Prototyping area for adding LEDs, sensors, and more.
Please note, this HAT takes over the Raspberry Pi's hardware UART to send/receive data to and from the GPS module. Read up on our tutorial for more information on how to use this fine HAT
- Dimensions w/ components: 65mm x 56mm x 7mm / 2.6" x 2.2" x 0.3"
- GPS Module Datasheet