Triple Axis Accelerometer Breakout - ADXL345
This new version provided here made up possible for an extra decoupling capacitor to exist on it; also, it added 2 standoff holes. What is an ADXL345 in general? It’s a thin, small, low power and not to forget 3-axis MEMS accelerometer that contains a very high resolution which is 13 bit measurement that could reach +-16 g. Both SPI (3- or 4-wire) and I2C digital interface make it possible for digital output data to be accessible and also to be formatted as 16 bit twos complement.
Static acceleration of gravity in tilt-sensing applications and dynamic acceleration resulting from motion or shock can best be measured through ADXL345. Note that measurement of inclination changes less than 1.0 degrees can be done easily since the resolution is high.
Some functions contained include the following:
• Activity and inactivity sensing detect the presence or lack of motion and if the acceleration on any axis exceeds a user-set level.
• Tap sensing detects single and double taps
• Free-fall sensing detects if the device is falling
Not sure which accelerometer is right for you? Our Accelerometer and Gyro Buying Guide might help!
- 2.0-3.6VDC Supply Voltage
- Ultra Low Power: 40uA in measurement mode, 0.1uA in standby@ 2.5V
- Tap/Double Tap Detection
- Free-Fall Detection
- SPI and I2C interfaces