Robotics: Get Started With mBOT
Zero Ohm Robotics Workshops for Beginners
Want to get started with programming and implementing robots? Zero Ohm is offering a unique workshop to get you started with Robotics ! With these workshope you'll learn all about sensors,motors and actuators, all that you need to build your own Robot. In this workshop you will learn how to setup your computer to program the Arduino for controlling motors, sensors and much more. Unleash your inner inventor! You will also get the opportunity to see UAE’s first makerspace!
Level 1: Robotics - Get Started With mBOT
Date & Time:
Location: Origin Base HQ (location map)
Objectives and Workshop Sequence:
- An introduction about mBOT, followed by a brief explanation of what we’ll be doing in the workshop.
- In the first task, the audience will do a simple sketch program to read the mBOT ultrasonic sensor.
- In the second task, the audience will program the mBOT to follow a line on the ground.
- In the third task, the audience will program the mBOT to detect obstacles and avoid them.
- In the last task, audience will have some FUN!! with the dancing mBOT in the dark.
- Price: 250 AED
prepayment only (PayPal / Bank Transfer)
- You can book your seat through our website (www.zeroohm.com) or by visiting our store (location map).
- Maximum number of attendees: 10
- Minimum number of attendees: 4 (workshop will be cancelled if this condition is not met).
- Refund policy: Full refund if you cancel your attendance before 48 hours befor the workshop start.
- For any questions, place contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
What you need to bring to the workshop is:
- Your personal Laptop and charger
- Download and install the Arduino IDE from http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
- Install the FTDI Driver from : https://cdn.sparkfun.com/assets/learn_tutorials/7/4/CDM_v2.12.00_WHQL_Certified.exe
Follow the installation steps depending on your Laptop OS:
- Windows: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/how-to-install-ftdi-drivers/windows---quick-and-easy
- Mac: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/how-to-install-ftdi-drivers/mac
- Linux: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/how-to-install-ftdi-drivers/linux
This workshop does not require previous knowledge of electronics. The workshop will be conducted by experts that have years of experience in electronics and prototyping.