Level 1: Getting started with 3D printing
The price is VAT inclusive
Zero Ohm 3D Printing Workshops for Beginners
By: Zero Ohm Electronics
You have probably heard about 3D printers and their ability to create “anything you want”! Or you might be an owner of a 3D printer but need a little help kick starting your 3D printing adventure. With this workshop, you can get a grasp of 3D printing and its possibilities. You will learn how to setup 3D printers, identify their materials, prepare 3D models for printing, and print! In the more advanced level, you learn how to perform routine maintenance on your printer and how to identify and troubleshoot common 3D printer problems. Plus you will get a brief introduction about 3D scanning.
Level 1: Getting started with 3D printers
Prerequisites: No previous 3D printing experience required.
Date & Time: 12/08/2017 from 11 AM till 4 PM.
Location: Origin Base HQ (location map)
Objectives and workshop sequence:
- An introduction about the common 3D printer, how it works, and its uses.
- Understanding the commonly used printing materials (PLA, ABS, PVA, TPU). You will learn the difference between the materials and their advantages and disadvantages. In addition, you will learn how to identify unlabelled materials.
- Understanding the basics of obtaining a 3D model suitable for 3D printing. A few important points to consider when choosing a 3D model for printing will be explained in this stage. You will visit a common website providing free 3D models and pick a small model to print in a later stage in the workshop.
- Understanding the basics of “slicing” a 3D model for 3D printing. In this step, the previously obtained model will be prepared using specific softwares for the printing process.
- The last part will be a hands on practical session. You will learn how to setup a printer and then attempt printing the prepared model.
- Price: 500 AED.
prepayment only (PayPal / Bank Transfer)
- You can book your seat through our website (www.zeroohm.com) or by visiting our store (location map).
- Maximum number of attendees: 10
- Minimum number of attendees: 4 (workshop will be cancelled if this condition is not met).
- Refund policy: Full refund if you cancel your attendance before 48 hours befor the workshop start.
- For any questions, place contact us on email@example.com
What you need to bring to the workshop:
- Your personal laptop and charger
- Download and install Makerware and Flashforge (Flashforge for the Creator Series)
Please note that the workshop will not go through the 3D modelling process, but rather how to prepare an already made 3D model for 3D printing.