Level 1: Get Started with Arduino
Zero Ohm Arduino Workshops for Beginners
By: Zero Ohm Electronics
In collaboration with: Origin Base
Want to get started with programming and hardware interaction? Zero Ohm is offering a unique workshop to get you started with Electronics using Arduino! With the Sparkfun Inventor's Kit you will get a kick start into the world of Microcontrollers and Embedded Electronics! The kit includes everything you need to make 15 circuits that will teach how to read sensors, display information on a screen, drive motors, and more. In this workshop you will learn how to setup your computer to program the Arduino for controlling lights, motors and much more. Unleash your inner inventor! You will also get the opportunity to see UAE’s first makerspace!
Level 1: Get Started with Arduino by Sparkfun Inventor Kit
Date & Time: Saturday, 08 July 2017 at 11:00 am – 1:30 PM
Location: Origin Base HQ (location map)
Objectives and Workshop Sequence:
- An introduction about the kit and its uses, followed by a brief explanation of what we’ll be doing in the workshop.
- An explanation about the first task, which is going to be turning an LED on and off. The audience will have enough time to demonstrate it by themselves.
- In the second task, the audience will learn about the potentiometer, and its function. They will add a potentiometer to their previous build circuit, and control the blinking of the LED by changing the knob of the potentiometer.
- In the last part of the workshop, the audience will learn about the push button and it’s function, then they will rearrange their circuit by adding the push button, and control the status of the LED.
- Price: 250 AED.
prepayment only (PayPal / Bank Transfer)
- You can book your seat through our website (www.zeroohm.com) or by visiting our store (location map).
- Maximum number of attendees: 10
- Minimum number of attendees: 4 (workshop will be cancelled if this condition is not met).
- Refund policy: Full refund if you cancel your attendance before 48 hours befor the workshop start.
- For any questions, place contact us on email@example.com
What you need to bring to the workshop is:
- Your personal Laptop and charger
- Download and install the Arduino IDE from http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
- Install the FTDI Driver from : https://cdn.sparkfun.com/assets/learn_tutorials/7/4/CDM_v2.12.00_WHQL_Certified.exe
Follow the installation steps depending on your Laptop OS:
- Windows: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/how-to-install-ftdi-drivers/windows---quick-and-easy
- Mac: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/how-to-install-ftdi-drivers/mac
- Linux: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/how-to-install-ftdi-drivers/linux
This workshop does not require previous knowledge of electronics. The workshop will be conducted by experts that have years of experience in electronics and prototyping.