Infrared Thermometer - MLX90614
The infrared thermometer shown here is extremely useful for non-contact temperature sensing, since that is why we designed this in the first place. The accuracy and resolution of it is high because of the internal 17-bit ADC and a powerful DSP contributed to it. Examples of some applications it can be used for are like body temperature measurement and movement detection.
Another cool feature regarding this product is the different methods it provides for the output. There are the PWM output and the SMBus output.
The difference between them is that the 10-bit PWM output provides a resolution of 0.14°C, while the TWI interface has a resolution of 0.02°C.
Also, it provides different ranges for the ambient temperature and object temperature as mentioned below.
• Ambient temperature’s range: : -40 to 85°C
• Object temperature’s range: -70 to 382.2°C
- Small size, low cost
- Easy to integrate
- Factory calibrated in wide temperature range:
- -40 to +85°C for sensor temperature
- -70 to +380°C for object temperature
- SMBus compatible digital interface
- Customizable PWM output for continuous reading
- High accuracy of 0.5°C over wide temperature range (0 to +50°C for both Ta and To)
- Measurement resolution of 0.02°C
- Single and dual zone versions
- Simple adaptation for 8 to 16V applications
- Power saving mode
- Different package options for applications and measurements versatility
- Automotive grade
Product pictures are of Sparkfun.com