What is an altitude/pressure sensor used for? Basically, measuring. It provides Altitude data to within 30cm (with oversampling enabled). This sensor makes it easy to interface with most controllers since the outputs are digitized by a high resolution 24-bit ADC and transmitted over I2C.
In addition to that, this product provided here can also supply 12-bit temperature measurements in degrees Celsius. Pressure is resolved through an output of fractions in Pascal, and Altitude is resolved through an output of fractions in meter. Using this device, prototyping becomes easy. Note that you can directly get it working since it already contains all the passive components needed.
- 1.95V to 3.6V Supply Voltage, internally regulated by LDO
- 1.6V to 3.6V Digital Interface Supply Voltage
- Fully Compensated internally
- Direct Reading, Compensated
- Pressure: 20-bit measurement (Pascals)
- Altitude: 20-bit measurement (meters)
- Temperature: 12-bit measurement (degrees Celsius)
- Programmable Events
- Autonomous Data Acquisition
- Resolution down to 1 ft. / 30 cm
- 32 Sample FIFO
- Ability to log data up to 12 days using the FIFO
- 1 second to 9 hour data acquisition rate
- I2C digital output interface (operates up to 400 kHz)